Museum "Ores, gold and minerals" in Hüttau

They belong together: The Larzenbach show mine and the "Ore, Gold and Minerals" museum in Hüttau, housed in the former Gewerkenhaus in the town centre. This was the home of the former operators of the copper mine dating back to 1594. The museum houses a large display collection compiled by former miner Rainer Mrazek. As a mineral collector and idealist for decades, he was the founder of the museum and also the driving force behind the restoration and opening of the copper mine as a show mine.

Further information on opening hours and prices can be found here:

Mining museum in Mühlbach am Hochkönig

The mining museum in Mühlbach is housed in the former miners' home. The exhibition room contains information about mining technology and history. Exhibits representing a period of 4,000 years of mining history are on display. Another room is dedicated exclusively to geology and mineralogy. In addition to geological information boards, minerals from the Mitterberg mining district in particular are on display.
Large hands-on exhibits and secured uranium-bearing rock with a Geiger counter round off the offer. The social history of the people living here is also presented - including the development of skiing history centred around "Bubi Bradl" and the music bands of Mühlbach am Hochkönig. 

Further information on opening hours and prices can be found here:

Seelacken Museum in St. Veit im Pongau

The Seelacken Museum in St. Veit im Pongau is housed in the former Wallnerbauernhaus. Built in 1738, the Wallnerbauernhaus from Schwarzach was demolished in 1988 and rebuilt true to the original at its current location. It is now used as a museum, meeting place and event venue. Together with the Troadkasten, baking oven and a school garden, the result is an ensemble well worth seeing. The exhibition focuses on folk culture, mining and archaeology, literature, agriculture and ever-changing special exhibitions.

Further information on opening hours and prices can be found here: